- Evaluate the placement, form and framework of evergreens, trees and shrubs, ornaments and structures. Make notes for changes and additions.
- Carefully tie twine to damaged or crossing tree and shrub branches. Use these flags to prune out the selected limbs during the appropriate season.
- Catch up on gardening literature and review seed catalogues.
- Start an indoor vermiculture bin to produce compost all winter.
- After a wet snowfall, check evergreens, especially those around the house that may be affected by snow sliding off the roof, and gently brush heavy snows from branches.
- Stock up on seed-starting supplies; clean plant stands; create a calendar of when to start seeds.
- Clean garden tools that were missed at the end of fall.
- Monitor indoor plants for insects and disease.
- Top up bird feeders regularly.
*COVID-19 UPDATE* All Adult Education workshops scheduled until April 6 have been cancelled. All other courses from April 6 to 19 are currently scheduled to…