The outdoor garden is open from dawn until dusk. It’s FREE for you to enjoy! Please note some trails may be closed during times of extreme weather. Additional onsite washrooms are available in the adjacent Edwards Gardens managed by the City of Toronto. To learn more about our seasonal hours of operation and what we’re doing to make your next visit safe, enriching, and uplifting, please review our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What’s Open and What’s Not during the Southern Ontario Orchid Show on February 10 & 11, 2024
- The Garden Shop will be open and accessible to the public during the show. You do not need a ticket to enter the Garden Shop.
- The Weston Family Library can only be accessed for individuals who have purchased a ticket to the Orchid Show.
- The washrooms in the Visitor Centre will only be accessible for those visiting the Orchid Show, which is a ticketed event. The washrooms in Edwards Gardens will be open and accessible to the public.
- An $8 Event Parking Flat Rate will be in effect during the Orchid Show. TBG Members will still receive free parking as part of their membership benefits.
- For more information about tickets and times for the Orchid Show, Click here.
What are the winter hours of operation, January through March 2024?
Tuesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday through Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Weston Family Library
Tuesday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 12 to 4 p.m.
TBG Bloom Café
Closed for the winter. Reopening in April.
Our garden, Edwards Gardens, and the Don Valley ravine remain open daily for you to enjoy from dawn until dusk. Some paths may be closed due to winter weather conditions.
Please note: Our hours of operation may be adjusted as needed based on programming and special event schedules.
What are the regular hours of operation in Spring through Fall?
- Visitor Centre – Daily, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Garden Shop – Daily, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Weston Family Library – Weekdays, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Weekends, 12 to 4 p.m.
- TBG Bloom Cafe – Open daily at 9 a.m.
Are the gardens, ravines, and green spaces open?
Our gardens, Edwards Gardens, and the Don Valley Ravine remain open for you to enjoy from dawn until dusk. Admission is FREE! There are some path closures in Edwards Gardens/Wilket Creek due to ongoing construction and winter weather conditions.
What health and safety measures are in place to keep everyone safe?
- Adher at all times to government-mandated health and safety protocols, including mask and physical-distancing mandates. The Toronto Botanical Garden is a mask-friendly environment.
- Installing a new HVAC system with enhanced air-filtration and airflow throughout the Visitor Centre.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations and instituting heightened cleaning protocols, including frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas such as door handles, elevator buttons, and seating surfaces.
Are the Washrooms Open?
- Public washrooms in our Visitor Centre are open during regular business hours.
- Onsite washrooms are also available in the adjacent Edwards Gardens. These washrooms are managed by the City of Toronto. Open daily, May to October, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and November to April 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Is there shopping and/or dining available at the gardens?
- The Garden Shop is open daily for in-person shopping and you can also shop online with delivery and curbside pick-up available.
- The TBG Bloom Cafe is closed from November through March and will reopen at the end of April. During spring through fall, the cafe is open 7 days a week. Check the Cafe’s instagram (@tbgbloomcafe) for updates.
Are there educational programs being offered at the garden?
- Adult education programs are offered online and in-person classes, both inside and outdoors.
- TBGKids & School Programs offer hands-on learning experiences out in the nature and also indoor classroom.
- The Weston Family Library is open daily. The collection can also be searched online and books can be reserved for curbside pick-up. Members have access to online resources through the Gale Gardening and Horticulture database or online gardening magazine on Flipster.
Is there a greenhouse or indoor gardens to visit?
- No, we don’t have a greenhouse as all of our gardens are outdoors however our horticulture team has added new window boxes filled with interesting houseplants in our Visitor Centre. Our lobby landscape also includes additional seating for you to rest, relax and soak in the sun.
Is there parking available?
Have a Question?
We will continue to post updates on our website, but if you have a specific question please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 416-397-1341. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.