FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our Visitor Centre, including the Garden Shop, Weston Family Library, and public washrooms, is open. The outdoor garden is open from dawn until dusk. It’s FREE for you to enjoy! Please note some trails may be closed during times of extreme weather. Additional onsite washrooms are available in the adjacent Edwards Gardens managed by the City of Toronto.
What are the regular hours of operation?
Daily, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Daily, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Weston Family Library
Weekdays, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Weekends, 12 to 4 p.m.
Browse our library collection online.
TBG Bloom Cafe (located in the historic barn)
Weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Weekends, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Are the gardens, ravines, and green spaces open?
Our gardens as well as Edwards Gardens and the Don Valley ravine remain open for you to enjoy from dawn until dusk. Admission is FREE! For the safety of all please follow the current guidance of the City of Toronto, practice physical distancing of at least two meters, and refrain from leaving your home if you are feeling unwell. There are some path closures in Edwards Gardens/Wilket Creek due to ongoing construction and winter weather conditions.
What health and safety measures are in place to keep everyone safe?
- Adhering at all times to government-mandated health and safety protocols, including mask and physical-distancing mandates. The Toronto Botanical Garden is a mask-friendly environment.
- Installing a new HVAC system with enhanced air-filtration and airflow throughout the Visitor Centre.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations and instituting heightened cleaning protocols, including more frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas such as door handles, elevator buttons, and seating surfaces.
- Plexiglass screens have been installed at the Information. Library and Sales Desk
Are the Washrooms Open?
- Public washrooms in the Visitor Centre are open daily from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Onsite washrooms are also available in the adjacent Edwards Gardens. These washrooms are managed by the City of Toronto.
Is there shopping and/or dining available at the gardens?
- The Garden Shop is open daily for in-person shopping and you can also shop online with delivery and curbside pick-up available.
- The TBG Bloom Cafe is closed from November through March and will reopen at the end of April. During spring through fall, the cafe is open 7 days a week. Check the Cafe’s instagram (@tbgbloomcafe) for updates.
Are there educational programs being offered at the garden?
- Adult education programs are offered online and in-person classes, both inside and outdoors.
- The Weston Family Library is open daily. The collection can also be searched online and books can be reserved for curbside pick-up. Members have access to online resources through the Gale Gardening and Horticulture database or online gardening magazine on Flipster.
Is there a greenhouse or indoor gardens to visit?
- No, we don’t have a greenhouse as all of our gardens are outdoors however our horticulture team has added new window boxes filled with interesting houseplants in our Visitor Centre. Our lobby landscape also includes additional seating for you to rest, relax and soak in the sun.
Is there parking available?
Have a Question?
We will continue to post updates on our website, but if you have a specific question please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 416-397-1341. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.