JOIN OUR TEAM!
Director of Development (Full-time)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development plays a strategic role in developing a culture of philanthropy and support. The Director will design, direct and execute a multi-faceted annual fund program that builds communities of support and attracts high impact philanthropy to the TBG’s strategic priorities, leading the organization towards long-term financial sustainability.
An entrepreneurial mindset and strategic intent are necessary.
- Fully participates with senior leadership and the Board in setting strategy and policy;
- Creates an annual fund development strategy that fully engages the organization in delivering increased revenue to the TBG’s strategic priorities;
- Acts as the TBG representative when in discussions with organizations regarding sponsorship or major gifts;
- Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration with peers on various projects and tasks.
- Builds a diverse base of engaged donors, sponsors and partners through an innovative program that attracts funds to the TBG’s annual operations and special projects and builds communities of support;
- Creates and executes a full complement of fundraising programs, including major gift and program initiatives, sponsorship, grant writing, planned giving and special events;
- Sets, monitors and reports on fundraising goals and metrics that are achieved with the full participation of staff and volunteers.
- Provides strategic and operational support to standing committees of the Board (and other committees) as needed;
- Ensures Raiser’s Edge and other information management systems are fully utilized to effectively enter, track and compile donor information and ensures that a moves management system is effectively recorded and updated;
- Works with the marketing team to improve donor cultivation funnel strategies that optimize each level of giving; increases donations and effectively stewards donors to become lifelong supporters of the organization;
- Recruits, leads, supervises, coaches and mentors a small team of development volunteers and staff to achieve mutually agreed performance targets.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, marketing & communications or equivalent. CFRE designation is an asset.
- Active involvement in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is desirable.
- Five to seven years of experience as a fundraising and strategic implementation professional in progressively senior roles. Management experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in building and expanding prospect pipelines to ensure the sustainability of annual fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience creating, leading and monitoring successful comprehensive annual fund development programs and securing in-kind support.
- Results oriented with a proven track record for achieving revenue targets.
- Experience working with membership-based organizations such as museums, cultural, environmental or educational institutions would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM databases including Raiser’s Edge.
- A thorough understanding of the non-profit sector and regulations governing charitable giving.
Personality and Attributes
- Goal-oriented and an entrepreneurial mindset required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and strong collaboration skills with all key stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, responsive and adherent to deadlines. Excellent time management, organization and planning skills.
- Strong sense of accountability, commitment towards measuring outcomes and ability to work in a results-oriented culture.
- Demonstrated initiative and autonomy.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and manage competing priorities.
- Maintains and communicates a positive attitude, exercising diplomacy and good judgement.
Application for consideration
Please send your resume and covering letter outlining your interest in this role to: HR@torontobotanicalgarden.ca
Permanent Part-time Accounts Payable & Accounting Analyst (20 hours per week)
Reporting to the Financial Analyst, the AP Analyst is responsible for the accurate input and payment of vendors’ invoices. This individual must ensure that invoice submissions are properly approved and coded according to organizational policy. In addition, this person must be able to identify where appropriate tax recovery coding (ITC’s, ITR’s) has not occurred. As part of this role, this individual will be responsible for ensuring that all backup documentation is filed in an organized fashion for subsequent review, where required. The AP analyst will also assist with monthly closing procedures such as account reconciliations and data validation.
- Accurate and timely entry of vendor invoices
- Ensure all invoice submissions are properly coded and approved
- Ensure all tax recoveries are appropriately recorded
- Accurate and on-time disbursements to vendors
- Accumulate and upload required information into Quickbooks
- Ensure documentation is filed in a manner that allows for quick retrieval for review and audit purposes
- Assist Financial Analyst with vendor and staff inquiries
- Maintain central files of contract and supporting information
- Support Financial Analyst and CEO in other accounting matters as determined from time to time
- Bachelors or college degree in accounting/finance
- Trained on ERP systems
- Working towards an accounting designation would be an asset
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with ERP accounting systems, Quickbooks preferred
- A clear understanding of how to record value-added taxes (HST, GST)
- Strong working knowledge of accounting controls as they relate to the AP process
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Experience with uploading and downloading data between systems
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment is an asset
Personality & Attributes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Results and detail-oriented individual with a track record of meeting deadlines
- Organized and forward planner
- Collaborative team player who works well in a team environment
- High integrity and values proper processes and procedures
- Accountable and reliable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workload
Application for consideration
Please send your resume and covering letter outlining your interest in this role to: email@example.com
TBG is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. In accordance with relevant legislation including the Ontario Human Rights and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.