SCHOOL VISIT DETAILS
Dates: School programs run Tuesday to Friday in the spring from April 7 to June 12, 2020 and in the fall from September 22 to October 23, 2020. Complete an online booking request (below) to book your visit.
Group size: Maximum of 30 students per program; two programs can run simultaneously.
Grades: We offer programs for preschool students (spring only), Kindergarten, Grades 1 to 5, and Grades 7 and 8. Click the links to the right for program descriptions. If you have a split class, let us know when you book. We can adjust the content accordingly.
- Half day programs (1.5 – 2 hours): $9 per student, per program. Classes interested in staying for the full day must sign up for Hike-in-a-Bag ($1 extra per student), and cannot be guaranteed indoor lunch space.
- Full day programs (3 – 4 hours with 30 min lunch break): $16 per student
- High school Extended Hike program (3 hours): $12 per student
- Preschool programs (1 -1.5 hours): $12 per adult-child pair
- Adult supervisors: There is no charge for each adult supervisor for every five students; no charge for special needs assistants. Additional adults pay the same price as the students. This cost does not apply to preschool programs.
Changes in group size must be confirmed three days in advance. Otherwise, you will be charged for at least the number of students on your signed confirmation form.
All teaching garden programs are outdoors, except in severe weather; please ensure students are properly dressed for the weather.
All food brought to these programs should be nut-free.
Cancellations must be made at least two weeks in advance. If a program is cancelled less than two weeks prior to the scheduled date, the projected cost of the program must be paid in full by the school.