Thursdays starting at 7 p.m. | July 5 to August 23, 2018
The Edwards Summer Music Series is back and better than ever hosted by Jaymz Bee with eight engaging performances curated by artistic co-directors Jennifer Nichols and Anisa Tejpar of Hit and Run Productions.
Arrive early to enjoy more…
- Grab a bite to eat or drink on the expanded licensed outdoor patio which overlooks the concert with additional noshing options including BBQ’d burgers and soft serve ice cream. (5 to 9 p.m.)
- Add a little sparkle to your day by visiting the Glitter Tattoo tent.
- Cool off at the Botanical Bar with an ice-cold craft beer from Beau’s All Natural Beer, a glass of local Ontario wine or a refreshing, reusable bottle of floral-infused water. (5 to 9 p.m.)
- Pick up some fresh produce at the farmers’ market (2 to 7 p.m.)
- Explore the gardens with a free guided tour departing from the main entrance (6 p.m.)
- Browse the Garden Shop for nature-inspired home decor and other essentials (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
All performances are located at the courtyard adjacent to the historic barn in Edwards Gardens, just be sure to arrive early to grab a seat or bring your own chair or blanket so you can sit among friends, family, and other garden-lovers. FREE Admission. General seating. Concerts are held rain or shine (indoors during extreme weather).
Thursday, August 16, 2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Edwards Summer Music Series: Toronto Jazz Orchestra
Created in 1998, the 18-piece Toronto Jazz Orchestra (TJO) performs repertoire ranging from classic swing tunes to the leading edge of contemporary jazz, with an emphasis on Canadian works. The TJO performs regularly at Toronto’s Rex Hotel, and has appeared at festivals and performing arts centres throughout Ontario. Their fourth CD, 20, was released in June, 2018.
Special projects include the Big Band Gospel Project, the Big Band Tap Revue and the Radiohead Jazz Project; they have performed with guest artists including Ingrid Jensen, Christine Jensen, Seamus Blake, Geoffrey Keezer, Ted Louis Levy and Grammy Award-winning vocalist Kurt Elling. Artistic Director and Conductor Josh Grossman is a graduate of the University of Toronto’s Jazz
Thursday, August 23, 2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Edwards Summer Music Series: African Drumming - Ms. Coco Murray
The last of Edwards Summer Music series will conclude with Ms. Coco Murray will bring West African dance and music to coincide with ZimSculpt. She has been performing in neighbourhoods and regions where African and Caribbean styles of dance are inaccessible for over 15+ years. The group consists of a trained cultural practitioner and inter-generational artists, the group highlights the history, social significance and contributions of indigenous African, Caribbean diaspora to today.
Ms. Coco’s dancers and musicians, and ensemble educate their audience through fun and play, dancing and music, and create interactive elements with each audience member, as part of their practice and passion.
Flickr Photo Gallery 2018