Thursdays starting at 7 p.m. | June 23 through August 25, 2016
Come enjoy 10 concerts by an eclectic roster of popular artists, set in the natural beauty of the gardens, rain or shine. (indoors in case of extreme weather). The concerts will take place in the courtyard adjacent to the historic barn in Edwards Gardens. Some seating available or bring your own chair. FREE Admission. General seating.
[photo: SVP Media]
2016 LINE UP
- June 23 – Michael Dunston Trio – Smooth jazz captained by a Toronto icon
- June 30 – Club Django – Django Reinhart-style gypsy jazz/cabaret
- July 7 – Jason Wilson and The Perennials – Jazz, Scottish and English folk on a reggae base
- July 14 – Rant Maggie Rant – Colouring just a touch outside the lines of traditional Celtic
- July 21 – Daniela Nardi’s Espresso Manifesto – A boundary-blowing brew of cabaret, pop, jazz and romance
- July 28 – Johannes Linstead Guitar of Fire! – Spanish guitar with congas, bongos, accordion, bass
- August 4 – Baarbad Ensemble – Evocative Eastern rhythms and melodies
- August 11 – Stef Paquette – Franco-Ontario folk, with humour!
- August 18 – Darrelle London – Indie singer/songwriter, “offbeat pop appeal”
- August 25 – The Imbayakunas – An exciting fusion of traditional Andean sounds and contemporary Latin rhythms
Come early to find a spot on the Garden Cafe patio which also overlooks the concert venue. Barbequed Bison, Chicken Burgers and grilled vegetables will be served from 5 p.m. until close on the fully-licensed garden café patio. Enjoy a cold beer from Beau’s All Natural Beer including their signature Lug Tread as well as Golden Vox (pale ale) and Paters Bier (traditional Belgium ale). The patio will feature a rotating selection of wineries from the TBG Organic Farmers’ Market including Southbrook Vineyards, Frogpond Farm Organic Winery and Reimer Vineyards.
On Thursdays you can also take a free guided tour of the gardens, departing from the main entrance at 6 p.m. Be sure to bring the family for local shopping and dining at the organic farmers’ market (2 to 7 p.m.), Garden Cafe and Garden Shop.
[photos: SVP Media]
More from this year’s Music Series!
In The News:
- InsideToronto by Dominik Kurek: Enjoy beauty of nature and music at Toronto Botanical Garden
- SNAP North Toronto: Gardens of Song: Jayme Stone-The Lomax Project
- SNAP North Toronto: Gardens of Songs presents Michael Lalonde Quartet
- SNAP North Toronto: The Edwards Summer Music Series presents Autorickshaw
THE EDWARDS CHARITABLE FOUNDATION