Thursday, November 19, 2015
Cocktail reception: 6:30 p.m. | Awards ceremony: 7:30 p.m.
TICKETS $150 per person ($1,500 for a table of 10)
All proceeds from this event support the Toronto Botanical Garden. A charitable tax receipt will be issued after the event for the maximum allowable amount.
Join us on Thursday, November 19, 2015 as the Toronto Botanical Garden celebrates three extraordinary individuals who embody the Toronto Botanical Garden’s mission to transform our city by connecting people to plants and the natural world. The Aster Awards recognize the work of these “green stars” – people whose achievements inspire us to cherish and conserve nature.
The 6:30 p.m. cocktail reception kicks off the night with drinks and appetizers from en Ville catering featuring local, seasonal selections incorporating produce harvested from Rye’s Homegrown Rooftop Farm and desserts with honey from the TBG’s own hives.
The third annual Aster Awards celebrates:
“For a brief moment, I lived beyond Earth, ceasing to exist on land or sea. Space isolated me from Earth’s complex, beautiful and precious life, leaving me with only faint memories of birdsong, splashing water, warm scented plants. My photographs are of a land that protects this fragile beauty. This is the passion of my vision.” – Dr. Roberta Bondar, Passionate Vision
“I am honored to be included as a winner in the 2015 Aster Awards program. I love what I do, so it is a privilege to be considered a “green star” after 25 years of exciting work. Thank you.” – Geoff Cape
IN KIND SPONSORS
For more information or to purchase your tickets over the phone call Christine Lawrance 416-397-1321 or email@example.com
For a complete list of sponsorship opportunities, please contact Claudia Zuccato Ria, 416-397-1372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 Aster Awards Photo Gallery
2014 Aster Award recipients:
- Margaret Atwood, one of Canada’s most prominent and prolific contemporary writers.
- Dr. Paul Hebert, best known for leading the development of DNA-based identification systems.
- Kanaka Kulendran & Xuan-Yen Cao, garden and food educators from The Stop Community Food Centre
2013 Aster Award recipients:
- Janet Rosenberg, a recognized figure in landscape architecture and urban design across Canada.
- Edward Burtynsky, known as one of Canada’s most respected photographers.
- Scott MacIvor, an ecologist with research interests in biodiversity and ecological trade offs in urban areas and in architectural and landscape design.
Aster Awards 2015 Photo Gallery
Aster Awards 2014 Photo Gallery
Aster Awards 2013 Photo Gallery