Toronto Botanical Garden is pleased to announce its third annual Aster Awards reception on Thursday, November 19 at 6:30 to 9 p.m. The award title of “Aster” is inspired by the Greek word for “star”.
This year’s Aster Awards highlight three of Canada’s “green” stars:
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Cocktail reception: 6:30 p.m. | Awards ceremony: 7:30 p.m.
TICKETS $15o per person ($1,500 for a table of 10)
All proceeds from this event support the Toronto Botanical Garden. A charitable tax receipt will be issued after the event for the maximum allowable amount.
For more information or to purchase your tickets over the phone call Christine Lawrance 416-397-1321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete list of sponsorship opportunities, please contact Claudia Zuccato Ria, 416-397-1372 or email@example.com
2014 Aster Award recipients:
- Margaret Atwood, one of Canada’s most prominent and prolific contemporary writers.
- Dr. Paul Hebert, best known for leading the development of DNA-based identification systems.
- Kanaka Kulendran & Xuan-Yen Cao, garden and food educators from The Stop Community Food Centre
2013 Aster Award recipients:
- Janet Rosenberg, a recognized figure in landscape architecture and urban design across Canada.
- Edward Burtynsky, known as one of Canada’s most respected photographers.
- Scott MacIvor, an ecologist with research interests in biodiversity and ecological trade offs in urban areas and in architectural and landscape design.
Aster Awards 2014 Photo Gallery
Aster Awards 2013 Photo Gallery