Toronto Botanical Garden is pleased to announce its third annual Aster Awards event on Thursday, November 19 at 6:30 to 9 p.m. “Aster” is inspired by the Greek word for “star”. Three of our Canadian stars, whose achievements in arts and science inspire us to preserve nature, will be honoured during the evening’s cocktail reception ceremony.
Date: Thursday, November 19, 2015
Time: 6:30 to 9 p.m.
TICKETS $15o per person ($1,250 for a table of 10)
Honorary Chair, Charles Pachter
ALL PROCEEDS FROM THIS EVENT SUPPORT TORONTO BOTANICAL GARDEN
CHARITABLE NO. BN119227486RR0001
For more information or to purchase your tickets over the phone call Christine Lawrance 416-397-1321 or email@example.com
For a complete list of sponsorship opportunities, please contact Claudia Zuccato Ria, 416-397-1372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Aster Award recipients:
- Margaret Atwood, one of Canada’s most prominent and prolific contemporary writers.
- Dr. Paul Hebert, best known for leading the development of DNA-based identification systems.
- Kanaka Kulendran & Xuan-Yen Cao, garden and food educators from The Stop Community Food Centre
2013 Aster Award recipients:
- Janet Rosenberg, a recognized figure in landscape architecture and urban design across Canada.
- Edward Burtynsky, known as one of Canada’s most respected photographers.
- Scott MacIvor, an ecologist with research interests in biodiversity and ecological trade offs in urban areas and in architectural and landscape design.
Aster Awards 2014 Photo Gallery
Aster Awards 2013 Photo Gallery