Two FREE garden events you won’t want to miss on Saturday, February 22, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
GET THE JUMP ON SPRING
TBG’s annual Horticultural Open House with 30+ exhibitors including horticultural societies, garden clubs and environmental organizations, in addition to a floral design competition and show.
This one-day garden extravaganza includes:
- free talks and demonstrations
- gently-used gardening book sale
- gardening advice from Toronto Master Gardeners
$2 donation appreciated (Those who donate will be entered in free prize draws, 1 every hour!)
Seedy Saturday is a community event where gardeners share their heirloom seeds and help to preserve our horticultural heritage. Bring your extra, open-pollinated or heirloom seeds on February 22 and discover something new! Drop your seeds off at the swap and then browse the seed exchange tables to see what others have brought. Also at the event, take advantage of local seed growers and vendors to stock up for this year’s garden, and learn about seed saving from seed conservation organizations.
How to participate in the seed swap:
- Bring seed in envelopes labeled with:
- Plant name (common and botanical name if you know them both)
- Year of harvest
- Place of harvest (postal code)
- Your name (if you wish)
- A bit about where the seed came from (if you wish)
- Register at the table and add your seed to those available for swapping
- Swap seeds – try to leave with around the same number that you brought
- Buy seeds from the vendors – you can use these for swapping as well if you’re not able to bring your own
This event is organized in partnership with the Ontario Horticultural Association (Garden Ontario)