Saturday, February 20, 2016
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Beat the winter blues at our annual open house for the horticultural community with live displays, free gardening advice, talks, demonstrations and floral design competition. Enjoy lunch in the Jump Café and browse specialty vendors, artisans and the Garden Shop.
FREE ADMISSION, FREE PARKING
$2 DONATION APPRECIATED
Those who donate will be entered in Free Draws, 1 Every Hour!
Join us for TBG’s 20th Annual Horticultural Open House presented by the Ontario Horticultural Association, District 5 and Toronto Botanical Garden.
- 30+ exhibitors (horticultural societies, garden clubs and environmental organizations) along with garden-related vendors
- Demonstrations and presentations
- “Let’s Play Outside” floral design competition – includes two design classes for youth
- Toronto Master Gardeners on hand to answer your gardening questions
- Winter garden tour
- Organic farmers’ market
- Jump Café for lunch and snacks
- Jump discounts in the Garden Shop
- Sale of gently-used gardening books
- NEW for 2016 | Sale of gently-used vases
For vendor and booth information, please contact Margaret Chasins, 416-397-1484 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FLOWER SHOW COMPETITION
Theme: Let’s Play Outdoors
Class 1 Splash – a design. Space allotted: 18” wide x 18” deep.
Class 2 Hide and Seek – a design. Space allotted: 18”wide x 18” deep.
Class 3 I Spy – a miniature design, not to exceed 5” in any dimension (height, width, depth, and diagonal). Staged on clear acrylic cubes.
Class 4 Gardening– a parallel design. Space allotted: 24” wide x 18” deep.
Junior Class – age 10 and under only
Buzzing – a creature to resemble a bee or other insect. Any flowers, foliage, stems, fruits, vegetables or other plant material may be used. Made with fresh and/or dried plant material. Not to exceed 12” in length or width.
Junior Class – age 11 to 16 only
Hopscotch– a design. Any flowers, foliage, stems, fruits, vegetables or other plant material may be used. Space allotted: 12” wide x 12” deep x 8” high.
- All members of Horticultural Societies and Garden Clubs in Ontario, students of the Floral Design Program at Toronto Botanical Garden, and any other interested non-professional floral designers are invited to enter. Exhibitors may enter any number of classes, but may submit only one exhibit per class.
Please note – while we encourage those under 17 to enter the junior classes, they may also enter any of the other classes.
- Entries will be received on Saturday, February 20, 2016, between 8 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. in the Board Room, on the Upper Level of the TBG.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry tag (to be supplied). Please include a file card with the names of all plant material used for Class 4.
- Plant material used in all classes may be newly acquired. No artificial plant material may be used. Any fresh cut plant material must be in water or water-retaining material. No painting or dyeing of fresh plant material allowed.
- Accessories are permitted in all classes.
- The standard for judging will be the Ontario Judging and Exhibiting Standards for Horticulture and Floral Design, 2003 Edition. Entries will be judged by (an) accredited judge(s).
- Entries must remain in place until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 20, 2016. All exhibits must be removed by 4:30 p.m.
You must pre-register
Please call Ursula at 416-699-4353 and leave a message with your name, contact number, and the classes you wish to enter; or email your information to email@example.com