Wednesdays, May 5, 12 & 19, 10 to 11 a.m.
Join Emma Rooney and Tena van Andel as you get ready for the gardening season with tips for wellness and the garden, paired with gentle seated movement that will give you strength, agility, and balance. Each session includes:
- Nature Visualization (5 minutes)
- Wellness Tip (5 minutes)
- Body in Motion for Gardeners (30 minutes)
- Gardening Tip (5 minutes)
- Spring in the Garden Q and A (10 minutes)
Celebrate connection and community this Spring! Enjoy a different theme each week:
- Wednesday May 5: Spring from Your Windowsill, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Wednesday May 12: Into Your Garden, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Wednesday May 19: Nature Nearby, 10 to 11 a.m.
Public $15, TBG Member or Volunteer $12
plus fees + HST
Location: Online (Zoom)
Registration Deadline: 12 p.m. the day before the program date.
Attendees may register for the full program or individual sessions.
About the Emma Rooney & Tena van Andel
Emma and Tena met as part of the Toronto Master Gardeners, and continue to have lively conversations about wellness in the garden and all the different ways you can enjoy nature. Emma works as a horticultural therapy practitioner in long-term care, is a certified forest therapy guide, and the owner of Blooming Caravan, a mobile business that brings gardening and nature into the homes of older adults. Tena is a certified 3-D Workout™ instructor who wants to keep gardening until it comes time to scatter her ashes over the perennials.