Toronto Botanical Garden continues to support the City’s ongoing efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 and have now extended the temporary closure of our building until April 13. We continue to monitor developments and follow the guidance of the City of Toronto including this week’s announcement regarding the closure of park amenities. While our garden remains open, our parking lot will be closed effective immediately, and the entrance gates will be locked or barricaded. We will continue to post updates on our website, but if you have a specific question please email us at email@example.com or leave a message at 416-397-1341. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
In addition, we are looking for other opportunities to bring the garden to you remotely. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter where we have ramped up our efforts, posting daily photos of “What’s in Bloom” and sharing ideas and tips for gardeners of all ages.
- Our building and parking lot is closed to the public and support staff are working remotely.
- April children and adult programs have been cancelled or postponed. We are in the process of issuing full refunds and ask for your patience.
- The Weston Family Library, Garden Cafe and Garden Shop have been closed.
- All onsite washrooms have been closed.
- All volunteer activities have been suspended.
- The TBG Lecture on April 23 has been cancelled.
- Our TBG Kids Earth Day Celebration on April 25 has been cancelled.
- The AGM on April 30 will be rescheduled. Date TBD.
While our building may be closed, the gardens remains open. For the safety of all, we ask that you practice physical distancing of at least two meters and refrain from visiting the gardens if you are feeling unwell or have traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days. We will continue to monitor developments, follow the guidance of the City of Toronto and will communicate any further decisions as required.
Stay safe and take care of each other.