- This event has passed.
Tafelmusik: Three’s Company
March 26 @ 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm
A live string trio performance featuring one of Mozart’s grandest chamber works.
One of Mozart’s grandest chamber works, his Divertimento in E-flat Major, was written for the diminutive string trio, a formation that emphasizes clarity of texture and the individuality of its players. The divertimento’s six movements are by turns warm, wistful, and playful, a three-voice conversation that’s a testament to Mozart at the height of his compositional powers. We precede the Divertimento with an arrangement for string trio, attributed to Mozart, of two movements from an organ sonata by J.S. Bach.
- Johanna Novom, violin
- Brandon Chui, viola
- Michael Unterman, violoncello
Sunday, March 26, 2 to 3:15 p.m.
Public $25, TBG Members and Tafelmusik Subscribers $23 (plus fees and HST)
General Admission Seating
- W.A. Mozart/J.S. Bach: Prelude and Fugue no. 5, K.404a
- W.A. Mozart: Divertimento in E-flat Major, K.563
Tafelmusik at the Garden is a new concert series launched in 2023, created in partnership with Tafelmusik and the Toronto Botanical Garden. These Sunday afternoon concerts will take place indoors, in the Toronto Botanical Garden Floral Hall. Mark your Calendar!
Tafelmusik is one of the world’s leading period-instrument ensembles, performing on instruments and in styles appropriate for the era of the music. Renowned for dynamic, engaging, and soulful performances, Tafelmusik performs for audiences across Toronto and digital audiences around the world, and is Canada’s most toured orchestra, having performed in more than 350 cities in 32 countries. The critically acclaimed Tafelmusik Chamber Choir, and its director Ivars Taurins, often share the stage with the orchestra. Tafelmusik’s recordings on the Sony, CBC Records, Analekta, and Tafelmusik Media labels have garnered ten JUNOs and numerous international recording prizes.
Safe Program Access
- To ensure the safety of our participants and instructors, all staff, volunteers, and participants are welcome to wear masks indoors and maintain physical distancing.
- To learn more about what we’re doing to make your next visit safe, enriching, and uplifting, please review our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Please review our Health and Safety Policies and Refund Policy and Terms of Agreement.
- This is an in-person, indoor program at the Toronto Botanical Garden.
We appreciate your support and cooperation.