- This event has passed.
Drawing Leaves with Ink Workshop
October 22, 2022 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Using native tree leaves collected from the Wilket Creek Ravine, you’ll learn how to create original drawings with the classic medium of Pen & Ink. Artist and instructor Alan Li will demonstrate numerous drawing techniques and help individuals elevate their abilities and draw with confidence. Materials are extra, please see the materials list below.
Beginners welcome. This workshop will be held indoors.
Saturday, October 22, 1 to 4 p.m.
Registration: Public $60, Members $50 (plus applicable taxes and fees)
- Mechanical pencil with 0.5mm HB lead
- Black or Dark Sepia fineliner pen – 0.1mm width (example: Pitt Artist Pen)
- Black or Dark Sepia fineliner pen – 0.3mm width (example: Pitt Artist Pen)
- 9 x 12 inch sketchpad with smooth paper (example: Fabriano 1264 Bristol Smooth)
About Alan Li
Alan Li is an artist focused on nature. He supports conservation efforts through the sale of his artwork and is active in volunteering. Alan believes drawing can open people’s eyes to the planet’s diversity and show them that it matters. Alan grew up near the Niagara Escarpment and spent much of his childhood exploring the cliffs and forests. Those early encounters with nature have influenced both the direction of his life and the choice of subjects for his art. He currently pursues his own projects, teaches workshops, and collaborates with grassroots environmental groups.
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 21, 12 noon
Safe Program Access
- To ensure the safety of our participants and instructors, all staff, volunteers, and participants are welcome to wear masks indoors and maintain physical distancing.
- To learn more about what we’re doing to make your next visit safe, enriching, and uplifting, please review our list of Frequently Asked Questions
- This is an in-person, indoor, Adult Education program at the Toronto Botanical Garden.
We appreciate your support and cooperation.