GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC HEALTH POLICIES
Toronto Botanical Garden will uphold and enforce all policies for gatherings as defined by Toronto Public Health and the Provincial Government. Currently regulations include limits on gathering sizes, mandated use of face coverings indoors, and social distancing. Click here for more details.
Public Health guidelines recommend a physical distance of at least 6 feet be maintained between individuals. Staff (instructors, presenters, and TBG), volunteers, and participants will be required to maintain this distance whenever possible.
All program participants will be required to wear a face covering while attending outdoor programs and inside in all indoor locations with the exception of when eating or drinking. The instructions below will ensure the safe use of the mask.
- Wash hands prior to putting the mask on
- Always put the same side against the face
- Remove the mask using the straps to avoid touching the parts of the mask that protect the face.
- Never share a mask
- Wash cloth masks after each use
ATTENDING A PROGRAM
Participants must complete self-screening before attending any program to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Participants should not attend a program if they:
- Are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing or feeling ill in any other way
- Have recently travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- Have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Are awaiting testing or test results for COVID – 19
GENERAL HYGIENE AND HAND WASHING
All on-site staff and volunteers must wash their hands at the beginning and end of each shift or break, after using the washroom, coughing/sneezing, eating, or drinking. Staff should avoid touching their face, specifically eyes, nose, and mouth.
Proper hand washing guidelines should be followed – wash hands for at least 15 seconds with soap and water and dry thoroughly. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
CLEANING AND SANITATION
All high touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized twice per event or when visibly dirty. Hand sanitizers will be available at entrance and exits. Washrooms are available at Edwards Gardens, adjacent to the TBG Bloom Cafe.