The Maintenance Officer performs custodial, minor handyperson duties, as well as providing rentals/special event set-up support. Often working independently, the Maintenance Officer carries out duties in compliance with TBG policies and work practices. The position involves mainly dayshift work, including weekends and the occasional holiday.
- Custodial: General cleaning of floors, windows, appliances, fixtures and light fixtures: tasks include vacuuming, mopping, dusting, shampooing and stain removal
- Rentals/ Special Events: Setting up for rentals and other events including moving and stacking furniture such as tables and chairs
- Handyperson: Duties may include painting, installation of fixtures or displays and repair of fixtures or equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in custodial work.
- Able to lift a minimum weight, e.g. (30- 50lbs), including able to climb ladders.
- Good client-service skills
- Must clean, punctual, courteous, responsible and reliable.
- Must be available to work shifts during the week and weekends.
- First Aid and/or Emergency Training is an asset.
Applicants should respond to:
Andre Hinds, Maintenance Manager, Toronto Botanical Garden