Two FREE garden events you won’t want to miss on Saturday, February 23, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
GET THE JUMP ON SPRING
TBG’s annual Horticultural Open House with 30+ exhibitors including horticultural societies, garden clubs and environmental organizations, in addition to a floral design competition and show.
Floral design competition schedule and classes can be found here.
Bring your open-pollinated and heirloom seeds to swap with other gardeners. Leftover seed will be added to the TBG Seed Library. Seeds will also be available for purchase from local seed vendors. Seedy Saturday provides gardeners a chance to share their heirloom seed with one another to make sure it’s available for future generations. It’s also a great opportunity to discover varieties that are not available commercially. Click here to learn more about Seedy Saturdays. Learn more about seed saving with TBG Library’s online guide
This one-day garden extravaganza includes:
- free talks and demonstrations
- gently-used gardening book sale
- gardening advice from Toronto Master Gardeners
- special discounts in the TBG Garden Shop
- Food Dudes Food Truck (Bring a mug and/or a water bottle to help us reduce waste.)
$2 donation appreciated (Those who donate will be entered in free prize draws, 1 every hour!)
How to participate in the seed swap:
- Bring seed in envelopes labeled with:
- Plant name (common and botanical name if you know them both)
- Year of harvest
- Place of harvest (postal code)
- Your name (if you wish)
- A bit about where the seed came from (if you wish)
- Register at the table and add your seed to those available for swapping
- Swap seeds – try to leave with around the same number that you brought
- Buy seeds from the vendors – you can use these for swapping as well if you’re not able to bring your own
This event is organized in partnership with the Ontario Horticultural Association (Garden Ontario)