Kick off the growing season with TBG’s Family Earth Day celebration! Follow the signs up for a 5-10 minute walk through Edwards Gardens to the Teaching Garden, including a stroller accessible route. Guided walks to the Teaching Garden will take place throughout the afternoon.
- Guided Hikes
- Make your own totally green drink! Smoothie ingredients picked fresh from the garden and blended via pedal power (Blender Bike)
- Plant Dinosaur Kale
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunts
- Tree Puzzle Crafts, Build a Miniature Dinosaur Garden and Seed papermaking with DiscoverAbility
- Story Time with Don Mills Library
- Performance from VIBE Arts Youth Artist-in-Residence
Saturday, April 23, 2016
noon to 4 p.m.
FREE. No registration required.
Meet local author Jason Ramsay-Brown as he talks about his recent book. Ravines are one of the wonders of Toronto. Cutting deep through the city, they are islands of natural heritage. While the city carries on above them and inevitably has its impact, the ravines still offer surprising ecological diversity. And, they have much to tell about Toronto’s history. The book features 29 ravines across the city with extensive visuals illustrating the text. Jason will have copies available for sale and signing.