TBG members are invited to the Annual General Meeting to hear about the TBG achievements in 2015 through presentations by the executive director and staff, meet members of the board as well as new inductees, and review the audited financial statements.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Thursday, May 5, 2016 – 6 p.m. in the Floral Hall
Toronto Botanical Garden connects people, plants and the natural world through education, inspiration and leadership.
- Call to Order
- Minutes of the 2015 AGM
- President’s Report: Allan Kling
- Presentation of 2015 Financial Statements
- Appointment of Auditors for 2016
- Executive Director’s Report: Harry Jongerden and Staff
- Thank You to Departing Board Members: Allan Kling
- Presentation of Slate and Election of Directors: Allan Kling
- Termination of Meeting
7:30 p.m. – TBG Lecture: Two Forces of Nature: Weather and Women
For the past 30 years, historian and garden conservator Mark Laird has been changing the way historic gardens in England are restored and replanted. In his lecture, Mark will emphasize the historic role of women in gardens and will illustrate how the environmental focus of his new book A Natural History of English Gardening (2015) is being applied to garden conservation.